Guidelines to Session Chairs for Coral Reef Symposium Proceedings Submission
- Session chairs will be responsible for assuring manuscript formats comply with Coral Reefs journal with final formatted paper length not to exceed six pages, including references, figures and tables. Please find a direct link to the instructions PDF here: Instructions to Authors
- The session chairs will be acknowledged with thanks for being responsible for the quality of manuscripts from their session. It is recommended that the session chairs send manuscripts from their session for peer review.
- All submissions, whether accepted to be published in the Proceedings or not, will have their abstracts available online.
- Papers associated with poster presentations will have equal status and eligibility to those presented orally for inclusion in the Symposium Proceedings.
- The majority of each manuscript should be completed before the symposium. Thus, manuscripts should be submitted to session chairs by June 30. This allows a few days after the conclusion of the symposium in case there was feedback at the presentation that the author wants to incorporate. The session chairs will have approximately two months, until August 31, to edit and return the manuscripts to the authors for revision or correction. Authors should return revised manuscripts to the session chairs by October 31. During the first week in November, the session chairs will send the revised manuscripts to the Symposium Proceedings co-editors.
- The co-editors reserve the right of final decision on the suitability of all papers to appear in the Symposium Proceedings.
For questions and additional information, please contact:
Charles Birkeland (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Steve Coles (email@example.com)
Symposium Proceedings Co-editors