Call For Session Proposals
The scientific planning committee invites proposals for sessions and panels of interest to researchers, resource managers, economists, policy makers, educators and graduate students. Themes will address coral reef science, management, conservation and policy.
Multidisciplinary/cross-disciplinary sessions are particularly encouraged in which a range of participants can interact in support of the production of concrete outputs and positive outcomes.
Proposals for sessions must be submitted by Midnight, Central Time USA / 05:00, Greenwich Mean Time, on 31 July 2015.
- Proposals should identify at least two co-chairs and include an informative title and short description of the proposed session. (See details below.)
- Sessions may consist of poster/e-poster presentations, oral presentations, panels or a combination of these; the final mix of posters and oral presentations will be determined by the scientific planning committee after abstract submission closes.
- Proposals should include the following information:
- Session Title
- Name(s) of Organizer(s), Affiliation(s) and Contact Information
- Session Format: talks, e-posters, panels or a mix
- Brief synopsis of the session
- Expected audience, both in terms of size and discipline
Proposals will be reviewed by conveners and the scientific committee, and proposers will be notified of the decisionby 15 August 2015.
Guidelines for submission
Proposals should identify at least two, but no more than four co-organizers and should include an informative title and a short description of the session. One of the co-chairs should be identified as the lead contact for the meeting committee. International and cross disciplinary representation is encouraged as is a mix of both seasoned and emerging expertise, with an eye towards developing capacity in the society, the field and the nations in which coral reefs are found.
Sessions should be open to invited and contributed presenters.
Once a session is accepted, organizers should solicit abstract submissions to their session. Scheduling will be performed by the planning committee. Once a session is set with a specific list of presentations, the organizers will determine those designated for poster and oral presentation..