The ICRS invites the submission of abstracts for oral and poster presentations. In order to have your abstract considered for acceptance, you must submit your abstract before the abstract deadline of 15 January 2016. Payment of the registration fee is not required at the time of abstract submission. However, all who submit an abstract will be required to register for the meeting and pay the appropriate fees.
Your abstract will be considered for an oral or poster presentation by the chair and co-chairs of the session to which you submit. Membership in ISRS (new and renewal) can also be completed with your registration and abstract submission. We hope that you will join ISRS and take advantage of the discounted registration fees for members!
Please read the following information before you submit the abstract:
- All who submit an abstract will be required to register for the meeting and pay the appropriate fees. Payment of the registration fee is not required at the time of abstract submission.
- Those who submit abstracts for this meeting are expected to fund their own registration, travel and accommodation. However, some travel grants will be available to students and other select groups as specified by donors. Updates will be available on the web site as such support becomes available.
- Oral and poster presentations are limited to one per person.
- An author may present either an oral talk or a poster, but not both.
- Please keep in mind it may be necessary to accept for a poster presentation some abstracts submitted for oral presentation. Likewise, those who submit abstracts for poster presentation may be asked to make an oral presentation.
- The submission deadline of Midnight, Central Standard Time USA on Friday, 15 January 2016, will be strictly adhered to. Abstracts received after this date will not be accepted.
- Only abstracts received via the online submission form through the web site will be accepted.
- Accepted authors will be notified in February 2016.
- Presenters will be notified of session assignments in March 2016.
Abstract Submission Procedures
The abstract submission deadline is Midnight, Central Standard Time USA on Friday, 15 January 2016. In order for scheduling to be completed in a timely manner, all submissions must be received by this date. Stated guidelines and procedures must be followed exactly. If not, your paper will not be accepted. Thus, all submissions must be received online and by the deadline. (Mailed and emailed submissions will not be accepted.) If you are not able to submit your abstract via the web site, please contact the conference management office at 1-254-776-3550 or firstname.lastname@example.org via e-mail.
Abstract Submission Requirements
All who submit an abstract will be required to register for the meeting and pay the appropriate fees. Payment of the registration fee is not required at the time of abstract submission. However, those who present abstracts for this meeting are expected to be able to fund their own registration, travel and accommodation. Should it later be determined that you are not able to attend and make your presentation, registration fees are refundable under the registration guidelines.
Abstracts will not be accepted if payment for the one-day registration fee only is submitted.
Only one abstract per presenting author will be accepted. A registration fee must accompany each paper that is presented. This applies to both oral and poster presentations.
Poster presentations are strongly encouraged and will play an important role in this meeting. All presentations will be considered for poster presentation. Please keep in mind it may be necessary to accept for poster presentation some abstracts submitted for oral presentation and, likewise, those who submit abstracts for poster presentation may be asked to make an oral presentation.
To assist the organizing committee in assigning your abstract to an appropriate session, you should use the session codes and enter your first, second, and third choices under the Session Topic Code portion of the abstract form. All three choices must be indicated in order for your abstract to be considered. Be sure to include the complete code for the appropriate session. While every attempt will be made to accommodate your session requests, the committee cannot guarantee your abstract will be placed in any of the sessions chosen. Priority is given to the overall scientific program and, therefore, final placement is solely at the discretion of the organizing committee.
When you submit the abstract, you will receive a confirmation and will be given a login and password for making necessary corrections. Please check the abstract for errors after you submit.
The author who submits the abstract will receive electronic confirmation when the abstract is received and will receive confirmation in this same manner when the abstract is accepted and assigned. Accepted abstracts will be posted on the website after the scientific program schedule has been determined. If confirmation and notification by electronic means are not possible, please indicate an alternate method of notification when you submit the abstract.
Student Presentation Evaluation
Students who wish to have their presentations evaluated must check the appropriate box on the abstract submission form. Only those students who check this box will have their presentations evaluated.
- Submission via the conference web site is required.
- Registration is not required at the time of abstract submission. However, abstracts will not be considered unless the presenting author has registered for the meeting and paid the full registration fee.
- Presenters will be expected to pay the full registration, not a one-day fee.
- Abstracts will not be accepted by mail, fax, or e-mail.
- Abstracts must adhere to the guidelines stated.
- Only one paper per presenting author will be accepted.
- Duplicate submissions by the same first author will be identified, and duplicate abstracts will be removed.
- It may be necessary to accept for poster presentation some abstracts submitted for oral presentation. Likewise, abstracts submitted for poster presentation may be accepted as oral presentations.
- The submission deadline of Midnight, Central Standard Time USA on Friday, 15 January 2016, will be strictly adhered to.
Withdrawal of Presentations
Authors whose papers are accepted and scheduled for presentation at the meeting must notify the conference management office and the lead session organizer if they need to withdraw. Authors are encouraged to send such notice before 16 May 2016. If notice of withdrawal is received after this date, a presentation withdrawal fee of $85 will be charged.
The original presenting author may have another author present the paper at no charge. He or she must notify the conference project manager, Lynda West, of this change by email at email@example.com.